Friday, June 23, 2017

Happy flowers print - one more McCall's 7542 with rich sleeves

McCall's 7542
I loved wearing my pink flowery dramatic sleeve last week. And even if I first thought of my initial fabric as a muslin fabric since I got it cheap I realized batiste is so great and lovely to wear so I bought 2 more similar fabric in flower prints. One of them I realized later that is not really to my liking but this one I cut and sew right away. Here is another McCall's 7542 - view B - size 6 for all except the upper body and sleeve.
View D is a bit more comfortable to wear but I liked the extra flounces on view B so I did one more on that with 2 small changes :
 - skipped the back seam - I don't really feel I need it!
 - doubled the sleeve flounce so there is no hem showing. The fabric is very light and I didn't feel the draping losing much but the look is so much neater. Love it like this. I had 2m of fabric for this and I hardly had a scrap left in the end.
McCall's 7542
McCall's 7542McCall's 7542
McCall's 7542
McCall's 7542McCall's 7542
McCall's 7542
I am also trying to clean up my sewing room sashes and this are so patterns I will probably never use so if anyone is interested in any let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Those sleeves are so dramatic and they drape so well! Batiste is lovely to wear. How nice to find it in a print! In the US it seems easier to find cotton voile or lawn prints, but batiste is my favorite lightweight cotton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I avoided batiste most of the time since I usually find it to thin but it really helps with the drape and comfort. There is an old corner that has a few of this in a fabric store close by and I was thinking of checking in again maybe I can dig something else up. They have it badly stored and is almost impossible to see the full fabric without help from their stuff! I really hate that part!

      Delete
  2. Love this top! I think this fabric suits the design. You did a great job!
    Thank you for the details, it's a informative post.

    ReplyDelete