Sunday, May 29, 2016

Andrei's octopus - DIYFluffies pattern

After finishing the Teddy bear for Eva I was still hungry for toys and it would not have been fair if I didn't made something for Andrei as well even if he is not really into stuffed toys. But I found this cute octopus on etsy - etsy shop link here - and I had to try it:
I used the green fleece for top side and blue plush minky.
 DIYFluffies octopus
I used embroidered eyes again painted them as well a bit for a more sharp look. I used the same eye set that I bought for the teddy bear - etsy design ( shop link ). I thought the minky fabric will be great for tentacles but it loses a lot of the 3D effect when staffed. I also added eyelids.
There was a lot of work sewing, turning and stuffing each tentacles but other then that it was quite a fast toy... at least compared with the teddy bear.
Quite a cute toy over all.
DIYFluffies octopus
 DIYFluffies octopus
Update : I gave it to Andrei this afternoon and he loved it... I could have not hoped for a warmer reaction. He carried it with him the rest of the day to the playground and right now he is sleeping with it...
 


4 comments:

  1. Imi place cum potrivesti materialele, cata perfectiune!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imi place tare mult combinatia asta de culori: verde si turcoaz. Am facut vara trecuta hainute lui Andrei in combinatia asta de culori si au iesit tare faine.

      Delete
  2. Wow Georgia!! How cool is this octopus!! Awesome!! The minky is really a great idea for the tentacles, it still has the 3D effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The octopus become one of our favorite toys and Andrei is sleeping it almost every night. It is his new defender.

      Delete