Thursday, August 6, 2015

New skort pattern and the 1st Kwik Sew pattern for me

Since I have seen the shorts with crossover in Burda last summer I have been in love with them. My stripes attempt was not that bad but they were very short and tight so I only wore them to the beach.
 My second attempt to make them more city wear was not that bright either ( I should have enlarged the wrap panels as well):
 So I kept wanting a better version of a skort. So when I seen the Simplicity pattern I knew I have to try it as well:
I went from start with 4cm length added since some of the previous versions I seen on the web did seem short. But this time I did the length increase on the skirt panels as well so I kept the look. I have used a beautiful 10% stretch denim that I initially wanted for another pair of cropped Eleonore jeans but the stretch was not enough. And now that I sewed this instead I am happy I did not try it anyway because I did use some Eleonore jeans elements to my shorts: the back pockets and a larger version of the waistband and they still slip a little difficult unlike the blue pair that had the required stretch even if I used more fabric to this waistband and I tensed the elastic a tittle bit to still fit me OK:
Over all I am very pleased with this pair except that the leg is a bit to wide but I plan to sew them again and try fix that issue as well. We will see how that goes:
I wanted a top to match better my new skirt and I tried for the 1st time a Kwik Sew pattern - 3616


It is a nice and very easy pattern. I really liked their tissue paper and the instructions but my fabric stretched a bit at the neck line and my attempt to fix the gap messed a bit with my pattern matching in the front and that really bugs me but still is a soft and comfortable top to wear and the colors go just perfectly with the shorts denim:


2 comments:

  1. Finally I can submit my comment. This short looks really lovelly,you done really good job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete