Thursday, April 16, 2015

Eyelet navy blue jacket - McCall's 6844

McCall's 6844
You probably already got bored with McCall's 6844 but I am not quite done with it yet.
This time is again view C in the back and view A in the front same as my mom's jacquard version. There are a few differences. This eyelet fabric had no stretch and was very unraveling. It was really not easy to sew. I left the seams allowances a little bit bigger after serging and topstitched every single seam. That seems to have given enough stability to this weird fabric.
 This time I didn't straighten and lengthen the front piece from view A and actually went with the pattern line. More by accident then intent but I think it gives the jacket a nice shape. Again I rounded the collar lower corners. Better like this.
McCall's 6844
McCall's 6844

I know I don't have the perfect shape for this jacket yet but I think it will look better on me soon:

I am quite pleased with my inside as well:

No comments:

Post a Comment