Thursday, August 14, 2014

Flower Power Tee - Vogue 8649

vogue 8649

I been very busy lately so I only sew curtains for my sons room in the past 2 weeks. I really needed so easy project  to get started again. PR is having a TNT Tee contest this month so that helped me decide what to do next.  I have quite a few top patterns that I want to try. I stopped a vogue 8649. It looked easy enough to do and yet looked a least a little sophisticated.  I liked the kimono sleeves that I thought will not give me trouble fitting. I also thought that playing with the gathering I can make it fit me better.
I traced he pattern size 10 cup B yesterday and then I started reading previous reviews and got a little scared. by people saying that this pattern runs loose. I was ready to start from size 8 cup A after reading reviews but since I already had the other one copied I thought I should do that first. If it was to big I could give it to my mother or something. I fit me perfectly almost instant. I did no have to change a thing at the bust or at the gatherings. I traced view A with short sleeves but they were a lo longer then he pictures shows. I shorted them for 1 1/2 inch and they still are to long. Next time I will shorten them even more. But for now I was to excited to have it all  ready to wear in almost 2 hours. This really was an immediate gratification project. And I love it.
I really want to thank everyone who reviewed this on PR before. It helped me a lot. I think that using a stable bias tape really helped to keep it all together and not stretch out even if the fabric was very stretchy.  For me the crossover front stay really well in place and does not show something it shouldn't.
vogue 8649vogue 8649

I even took it out to the park this evening to play with my son.

 

And few more pictures inside. The light is not the best. It is night already.

And taking to tee to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment