Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Fall leaves top - Vogue 8649

vogue 8649

As you may know I just did 2 t-shirts and 2 dresses out of Vogue 8649 and I thought I am done with the pattern for now but then I got an idea : "What if I don't overlap the front but instead cut a center front line and sew the 2 front bodice pieces together ?".

I just could not wait to try this and see if it works. I was not sure if I wanted to risk any "good" fabric on this idea so I just used some left over thick jersey knit from a dress I did in the beginning of this year ( Vogue 8630):
Except for the shape of my new neck line I am really pleased with my new pattern and I will probably sew it quite a lot in this new form as well.  I can probably make a better neck line next time but this time was to afraid it will be to deep that I sewn it a little to high. It is like a totally new design now, unless you eye catches the gatherings at the shoulder and the back that are a quite distinctive to me ( or maybe I just haven't seen enough patterns).
My DH was not in the best mood to take pictures tonight but I think you can still see the result:


As you may have noticed I added an embroidery band to the neck line, bust and sleeves:

No comments:

Post a Comment